Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) connectivity is provided by optional Satellite Communication (SatCom) links. S-PLANE supplies Inmarsat-compatible L and K band SatCom link equipment and the data services (background IP and Streaming) required to keep aircraft connected to ground controllers. This functionality is backed up by L band Iridium telemetry services to ensure that aircraft remain connected, always! LOSCom and SatCom are integrated and managed to ensure seamless, uninterrupted communication. Communication Solution management is performed using S-PLANE’s Airborne Data Terminal (ADT) and Ground Data Terminal (GDT) equipment.
Reliable Non-LOS Communication
- Payload Streaming and C2 via Inmarsat
- Low-rate C2 backup via Iridium
- All-in-one: S-PLANE provides SatCom equipment and data services
- Exceptional satellite link coverage over most of the Earth
- Certified equipment
- Minimum latency
- Seamless LOSCom to SatCom transition
- Easy to use SatCom link bandwidth management
- Minimum data cost for maximum mission benefit
- Bonded channel management for maximum bandwidth
Data Service Provision
- Background IP service
- Streaming service (1 to 4 bonded channels)
- Voice service
- Various subscription and prepaid plans available at minimum cost
|L-band and K-band Inmarsat and L-band Iridium.
|L-band Inmarsat: up to 2Mbps; K-band Inmarsat: upto 4Mbps; Iridium: 1.2kbps (low rate telemetry/telecommand only).
|L-band Inmarsat solutions range from integrated single-package installations of approximately 3kg to multi-package high bandwidth installations of approx. 23kg. K-band installations weigh approx. 23kg and have slightly larger antennas than L-band installations. Iridium SatCom units have small form factors and they are normally integrated into the enclosures of S-PLANE’s Automation Solutions. Please contact S-PLANE for more information on the available options.
|L-band Inmarsat links consume between 50W and 250W (depending on options) at 28VDC. K-band Inmarsat links consume up to 300W at 28VDC. The applicable Iridium links consume less than 10W of power. Please contact S-PLANE for more information on the available options.
- Please contact S-PLANE for more information.