The S-PLANE X-KIT is a comprehensive solution that offers a means to rapidly convert manned or unmanned aircraft into Manned, Unmanned or Optionally Piloted Systems. Built on proven and rugged X-SERIES technology, the X-KIT can be readily applied to almost any fixed or rotary wing aircraft. Seamless integration with third party payloads and S-PLANE’s Communication and Ground Control Solutions brings high-end, versatile autonomous systems of the future to today.
An OPS is a highly versatile platform. It is an ideal merger of the benefits of manned and unmanned aircraft. As a manned aircraft it can execute missions that demand human judgement and control. As an unmanned system (UAS) it can operate with extreme endurance and under dull, dirty and dangerous conditions. The OPS can rapidly and easily be deployed by flying it through civil airspace in manual piloting mode and then, when arriving at the operational location, be switched over to unmanned operation. Pure manned or unmanned systems are created instead of an OPS by integrating only a subset of the X-KIT. These systems are easily upgraded to become OPS when necessary.
In addition to S-PLANE’s X-SERIES flight and mission automation technology, the X-KIT includes S-PLANE’s Communication, Ground Control and Simulation Solutions (e.g. LOSCom, SatCom, ParagonC2, ParagonISR) and Services (e.g. System Engineering, Integration and Testing) in order to enable comprehensive system-level functionality.
Comprehensive UAV functionality
- Fully automated take-off and landing (ATOL)
- LOS and BLOS communications management
- Extreme duration flight
- Complete air vehicle interface and automation
- Mission and payload automation
- Optimised communication management
Safety critical design
- Comprehensive system-wide redundancy (dual/triple)
- Airspace integration systems (transponders, ATC radio, etc.)
- Programmed actions for contingencies
Modular and Flexible architecture
- Supports fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft
- Applicable to almost any aircraft
- Compatible with wide range of 3rd party sub-systems (sensors, actuators, avionics, ECU, etc.)
Use existing airframes
- Cost-effective alternative to bespoke development
- Proven aircraft: Low risk development path
- Preserve certification status
Ease of installation
- Rapid conversion for quick time to market
- Use existing maintenance resources
- Revert to original aircraft on removal
|Servo Actuation||Rugged and redundant design, robust disconnect and pilot override, supports a large number of servos with high torque, designed for OPS/UAS certification.|
|Flight Control||Manual piloting, remote piloting, fully autonomous mission flight with automatic take-off and landing, emergency control modes.|
|Navigation||Multi-constellation GNSS aided inertial navigation with air-data
and VOR/DME assist, redundant sensors with dissimilar hardware.
|Power Distribution||64 channel redundant bus power distribution, overload and short circuit protection, software trip/reset, continuous health monitoring and control, robust electrical disengage for manual flight.|
|Communications Management||LOS and BLOS communications management with automatic failover, critical data prioritisation, real-time payload streaming.|
|Payload Management||Management of multiple payloads of various types (RADAR, EO/IR, RF EW, SIGINT, etc.), high bandwidth encrypted on-board data recording, HD-SDI video capturing, video encoding/decoding/transcoding, AES256 encrption/decryption, background retrieval and low latency compression for bandwidth-constrained SatCom links.|